Track chairs/associate editors
- Edgar Napoleon (firstname.lastname@example.org, University of Örebro)
- Tariq Zaman (email@example.com, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak, Malaysia)
- Devendra Thapa (firstname.lastname@example.org, University of Agder, Norway)
The Working Group 9.4 of the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP) gathers scholars and practitioners that deal with the issue on how ICT affects social development. The theme of the IFIP WG 9.4 2017 conference is: ICTs for promoting social harmony: Towards a sustainable information society.
The IFIP 9.4 poster session is intended to showcase works in progress and the research topics of interest are the same as those listed in the conference tracks. Both researchers and practitioners are welcome to submit posters. Posters should be accompanied by a 6 page note which will be published in the conference proceedings. Submissions for both posters and notes are made through EasyChair.
Preparation of Posters
You shall submit a 6 page note first. If the note is accepted, you will then be asked to prepare the poster. Your note will clearly indicate the following
- The problem being addressed and why it is worth undertaking/interesting
- Your approach/methodology
- Key contribution/significance of the work.
Notes will be accepted on the basis of the above criteria and will be selected/evaluated in a double-blind review. Submissions to the conference tracks that are excluded with a “weak reject” after reviews can be re-submitted as notes.
A poster should be not larger than A0 size (841 x 1189 mm or 33.1 x 46.8 in). It should be visually appealing. It should portray ideas with diagrams. Use of text should be limited. Presenters will be provided with stands and other materials to display the posters. A three minutes poster slam session will be arranged to allow presenters to talk about their posters and invite conference participants to visit their stands.
- Submissions are open: January 10, 2017
- Submission deadline: February 10, 2017 (Cannot be extended!)
- Acceptance notification: February 20, 2017
- Resubmission (in case of minor revisions): February 28, 2017
- Conference: May 22-24, 2017